Wednesday, September 30, 2015

The Office--DONE

Yeah! I am marking off another room as done. The Office.

When we first moved in 15 years ago, it was our 3rd bedroom and we used it as an office. Then when it was time for Daisy to get her own room, we moved her into it and moved our office into our kitchen--I think it was maybe officially supposed to be a breakfast nook--we for sure never had space to put an actual table there. Here is our old office.

That space now no longer exists--it is the start of a staircase and the entrance to Daisy's Harry Potter space under the stairs...more on that later :)

So Daisy's old room (Our New Office) was painted green with purple flowers, and personalized with her name.

It was often a catch all room so it was usually overflowing...and here even more so as we had to stuff all of our contents into our 3 old bedrooms while the original hardwood floors were being redone.

Once Daisy officially got moved into DJ's old room, we have now been able to turn this room back into our Office. The room got a major makeover.

The new color is called Russian Blue, it is sort of a slate blue. And the carpet is dark blue...oh and the curtains are blue...sort of a calm room altogether.


I decided to add some Mario Bros. clings for decoration. I had bought them for DJ's room when he was 10 but he quickly outgrew them as a tween. I love them and so decided to use them again.



The closet above is now where I have a place to store my scout stuff and sewing stuff...I probably need a few dressers or something to store craft stuff....but that's a little ways down the road.

We set up our desks...it's really nice to have 2 stations.

And while I was cleaning out everything I got to organize my sewing supplies. I had bought a couple of old sewing boxes for me and Daisy...I am glad to finally be able to fill and use them.

So...The Office is DONE.  And another room will be tackled soon...








No comments:

Post a Comment