Monday, September 21, 2015

Daisy's Room Update

Counting Daisy's room DONE.

Daisy is now in what used to be DJ's room. When we first moved in, it was the first room I painted for my little baby boy of 3 months. He "helped" me paint...by pulling the paint tray over on top of him one day and all over his bouncer and the carpet...a very memorable day for me! His room was blue.
This is Daisy's original room. I don't have a good "before" shot. This is in the midst of construction when everything got piled into all of the old bedrooms. It was green with purple Daisy's.

This is DJ's old room--also piled up with stuff during construction. It was blue with a dark blue trim and white ceiling.



We cleared out the room and prepped it for paint. The bunk bed my dad built for DJ when he was 10. It is never coming out of the room in one piece :)  very big and very solid.

DJ helped me paint again. Daisy wanted a sort of minty green. The color changes a lot depending on the lighting.

Daisy had A LOT of different ideas for her room like splashes of paint everywhere and chalkboard paint....we decided on a few creative touches.


We painted a bulletin board with white glitter and blue chevrons to match a blue rug she picked out.
We prepped and painted a mirror with a gold frame. We turned it ultra pure white.
She loves paint and experiments frequently with drops and splashes. She ended up hanging a few pieces in her room over her windows.

Here is Daisy's NEW ROOM. I'm sure we'll add a few things here and there, but I am considering her room as done and ready to move on to the next.






Now...let's see what room is next...




No comments:

Post a Comment